Volleyball, World Championship: Sandra Vitez has been selected
3. - volleyball; Rim; World Championship, on the list of the Italian players, who will play at the World Championship in Japan (2 to 16 November), there is also our athlete Sandra Vitez. (picture) who plays for the Sassuolo A 1 team.
Basketball, U21: Bor, second victory; Jadran ZKB: U19 loses and U7 wins
3. - basketball; UNDER 21: in the last match of the first round Bor NLB won against Drago Basket 76:71 (Crevatin 23, Bole 18), UNDER 19: in the first match Jadran ZKB lost against Sistema PN 58:60 (Ferfoglia 21, Vitez 14); UNDER 17: Jadran's players won the second match against Casarsa 90:54 (Ban 33, Rizzo 31).
Volleyball Regional Cup: both Sloga's teams reach the semi-finals
2./3. - volleyball; Regional Cup; last qualifying games; men: : Fincantieri - Val Imsa 3:0, Pav Natisonia - Olympia 3:1; Sloga Tabor - Pallavolo Ts 3:0; : Sloga Tabor and Sloga men team reached the semi-finals; women: Sloga List - Sporting Club UD 3:1
SK Devin: beginning of skiing activities
2. - skiing; Nabrežina; although this year's autumn is rather hot, SK Devin has started the new season. The group of young athletes is practicing under the guidance of Alessia Sibilla.
Basketball, under 21: Bor NLB wins the derby match against Kontovel/Sokol (86:61)
1. - basketball; Briščiki; under 21; in the first match of the new season Bor NLB won against Kontovel/Sokol 86:61 (Bole 24, Querinuzzi 17; Šušteršič 20, Bukavec 14).
Cheerdance on TV
4. - Milan; the Italian television channel Italia 1 broadcasted a video with a performance of our club Cheerdance Millenium.
Volleyball - Sloga's players miss one set
Regional cup, women: Cervignano - Sloga List 1:3 (Gantar 16, Fazarinc 12). Sloga did not qualified, because they had to win the match 3:0.
Volleyball, Under 16 women, Gorica City Cup: 1. Govolley, 2. Kontovel, 7. Bor
6./7. - volleyball; Gorica; the two-day women international tournament Under 16 for the Gorica City Cup was won by Govolley, which also organised the tournament. Ranking: 1. Govolley, 2. Kontovel, 3. Koper, 4. Porpetto, 5. Novo Mesto, 6. Fincantieri, 7. Bor Kinemax, 8. Kamnik.
6. - Trst; in Trst, at the 1. maj Stadium, in Trebče and in Padriče there was the traditional 6th Sport meeting between ZSŠDI and Unija Italijanov, which has been very successful. Athletes of both communities competed in bowling, basketball, soccer, volleyball (men and women) , chess and tennis.
Volleyball, Sandra Vitez receives another award
5. - volleyball; Milan; this season has been very successful for our volleyball player Sandra Vitez. After being selected for the Italian National Team and being promoted with the Sassuolo team to the A1 League, in Milan Sandra received an award as the best young player of the past A2 League season.
Best Italian sailors of the season: Jaš Farneti and Simon Sivitz Košuta among the awarded
7. - sailing; Genova; the Italian Sailing Federation awarded the best sailors of the current season and among them there were also Čupa's representatives Jaš Farneti and Simon Sivitz Košuta.
Volleyball, U18, Sonja Kokoravec's Memorial:
Grobničan first ahead of Sloga and Klagenfurt
7. - volleyball; Opčine; the traditional 19th Women U18 Volleyball Tournament Sonja Kokoravec's Memorial, organised by Sloga, was won by the Croatian team Grobničan, who won both against Sloga and AVC de Witt Klagenfurt (Austria) 3:0. Sloga ranked second by beating AVC 3:2.
Tennis, Ladies: Cirila Devetti is Regional Champion
7. - tennis; Padriče; Gaja's player Cirila Devetti won the final match against Gabriella Matievich (DL Ferroviario) 6:2, 6:0 , thus winning the Regional Champion Title in the Ladies category. Among veterans the victory went to Gaja's athlete Ilvio Vidovich.
Soccer, Italian and Regional Cup: Kras Koimpex draw, Zarja/Gaja lost
10. - soccer; in the second round of the second phase of the Italian Cup Kras Koimpex draw the match in Tržič against Monfalcone 2:2 (scorers: Desco in Giorgi); whereas in the first round of the second phase of the Regional Cup Zarja/Gaja lost the match in Trst against Costalunga 0:1.
Volleyball, Regional Cup; Sloga lost two matches
9./10. - volleyball; Regional Cup, men; in the first semi-final matches Sloga Tabor lost in Basiliano 1:3, whereas Sloga lost against VB Udine 0:3.
ZSŠDI's Meeting: variegated activities and many initiatives
10. - Trst; at the ZSŠDI's Regular Monthly Meeting it was underlined, that the activities of our teams are very variegated in October and there are many other new initiatives.
Olympia, extensive training
8. - Gorica; the Sport Association Olympia began the Gymplay activities for young children (gymnastics and sport dancing) and other regular trainings at the gym in Viale XX settembre in Gorica.
SAILING - Barcolana: Alfa Romeo wins as expected, Maxi Jena second, Esimit Europa third
14. - sailing; Trst; 39th Barcolana; one the of most beautiful regattas so far was won by Alfa Romeo 2 (more than 1.800 boats participated to the event), ahead of Mitja Kosmina's Maxi Jena (on the boat there was also our Diego Kolarič) and Igor Simčič Ezimit Europa, which raced for TK Sirena with the participation of our athlete Aleš Omari.
Volleyball, Memorial M. Mikolj: Sloga's victory
14. - volleyball; Trst; Under 20, Memorial M. Mikolj: Sloga won the international Under 20 youth tournament in memory of his former player Marko Mikolj. After winning against Rijeka 3:0, they won also the second match against Logatec, which won against Rijeka
In-line hockey, Memorial Agnul: Diavoli Vicenza win ahead of Polet Kwins
13./14. - in-line hockey; Opčine; Memorial Agnul; the Diavoli Vicenza team won the traditional Memorial Agnul tournament, organised by ŠD Polet.
The Vicenza team won the final match against Polet Kwins 6:3. Third ranked Ferrara, fourth Milano. Picture: Polet's captain Samo Kokorovec and ZKB's President Sergij Stančič
Minimoto, Roberta Purič Slovenia's champion
13. - motorcycling; Koper; 22 years old Roberta Purič from Opčine won the title of the Slovenian National Championship for amateurs. The member of the Orjaki team ranked second at the last race in Koper, thus ending the 6-races competition (in Koper, Krško, Novo mesto and Celje) with three victories and three second places. There were only five racers.
Sandy Klun is AŠD Breg's new president
12. - Dolina; at the premises of the cultural association KD Valentin Vodnik there was AŠD Breg's AGM. On this occasion Sandy Klun was elected as new President, Suzanna Sancin as Vice-president Edvin Švab, Divna Sancin Čuk and Marino Coffoli as members of the new Supervision board. Former president Igor Čuk, who resigned because of job obligations, will remain a member of the committee.
Basketball U21: Kontovel/Sokol lost
11. - basketball; Trst; Kontovel/Sokol lost the first match against Santos 82:54.
Cycling, Devin's athletes successful in Ločnik
14. - cycling; Ločnik; Devin's athletes finished the Junior Bike Trophy in Ločnik with the successful race of Matteo Visintin (1st) and ranking 3rd among teams.
Basketball, U21: Bor's NLB first loss
15. - basketball; Trst; Under 21; Bor NLB lost the first match against Falconstar from Tržič 74:85 (Crevatin 13, Bole 18).
ZSŠDI at the Ministry for Sport in Ljubljana
16. - Ljubljana; the General Director of the Sport directorate of the Republic of Slovenia Simon Starček welcomed the OCS delegation, its president Sonja Poljšak, ZSŠDI's representatives Jure Kufersin and Gorazd Pučnik and SŠZ's representative Ivan Lukan.
Basketball, Promotion League: Dom's successful start
16. - basketball; Gorica; in the 1st round of the Promotion League Dom won against the dangerous team of Villesse 71:65 (Franco 21, Cej 20).
Athletics, International Tournament in Bergamo: Fabio Ruzzier excellent fourth in the 50 km march
21. - athletics; Bergamo; our marcher Fabio Ruzzier (Atletica Gorizia) ranked fourth (4.26:42,0) in the 50 km march among 37 athletes from eight countries. This is Ruzzier's best r14 years. The victory went to Pazdera (Czech) 4.11:57,0 ahead of Giupponi (Italy) 4.12:27,0 and Hudak (Slovakia) 4.24:11,0.
Bowling, "Zamejsko" Championship: awarding and joy
19. - bowling; Prečnik; more than 100 players from nine teams participated to the 2007 "Zamejsko" Championship Awarding, organised by ZSŠDI's Commission. All teams received a cup. This year's champion is the Mak team from Štandrež, who won the final match against Gaja. At the awarding there was lot of fun, singing and dancing. Pictures: the representatives with the cups.
Volleyball, Sandra Vitez has not been selected for the Italian National Team, which will play at the World Championship
18. - volleyball; Rim; our player Sandra Vitez (picture) has not been selected among the 18 players, who will play for the Italian National Team at the World Championship in Japan, where the first three teams will qualify for the 2008 Olympic Games in China.
Soccer, 2nd AL,: a point for Zarja/Gaja
17. - soccer; Trst: 2nd Amateur League; Zarja/Gaja draw the 2nd round match against Chiarboli 2:2 (2:2). Zarja/Gaja scorers: Jurincich and Satti.
Volleyball, Regional Cup, semi-finals: Sloga Tabor's lost
17. - volleyball; Regional Cup: Sloga Tabor lost the first semi-finals match against Pav Natisone 1:3 (21:25, 31:29, 21:25, 20:25). The return match will take place on Saturday, 20.10. in Opčine at 20.30.
Handball, Ivan Kerpan will train for the Italian Youth National Team
22. - handball; Trst; our handball player Ivan Kerpan (picture), who plays for the Pallamano Trieste team, has been selected for the Italian Youth National Team. He will participate to the training, which will take place from Thursday 25th to Sunday 28th of October in Lignano.
Basketball, U21: Bor lost in Videm; U 19: Jadran wins in Cordovado
22. - basketball; UNDER 21; Bor NLB lost the match against Virtus 50:68 (Bole 14, Crevatin 11);
UNDER 19; Jadran ZKB easily won against Cordovado s 109:50 (Malalan 31, Vitez 19).
Our photographer and friend Mario Magajna died
22. - Trst; at 91 years of age in Trst died Mario Magajna, who dedicated his whole life to photography. His collection was composed by hundreds of thousands of pictures. He was widely known in the Zamejstvo. Among the numerous awards he received also the "Bloudkova plaketa" award.
Tennis, International tournament: Paolo Cigui (Gaja) first WTA point
23. - tennis; Augusta (Sicily); Gaja's tennis player Paola Cigui (picture) won the first round of the ITF tournament and gained her first WTA point. Paola won against the American player Hartman 6:0, 6:1 and then against the Italian player Anna Floris (299th on the WTA ranking) 6:3, 2.6, 6:4 and won her first WTA point.
Soccer, Italian Cup: Kras Koimpex will play tonight at 20.30 in Repen against San Lorenzo
31. - soccer; Repen; Italian Cup; in the 3rd round Kras Koimpex will paly tonight at 20.30 against San Lorenzo, Zarja/Gaja will play for the Regional Championship tomorrow in Bazovica at 14.30 against Villa.
Volleyball, Under 18 women: Kontovel wins the derby match against Sloga
30. - volleyball; Opčine; Under 18 women; in the 3rd round Kontovel won in Opcine against Sloga 3:2 (25:21, 26:28, 12:25, 25:23, 16:14). Sloga was winning the fifth set 14.9 and than ubelievably lost 14:16.
Beach soccer, Michele Leghissa in Brazil with the Italian National Team for the FIFA World Cup
29. - beach soccer; Rim; our player from Medja vas will participate to the 3rd Beach Soccer Fifa World Cup, which will take place from 2nd to 11th November in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
Volleyball, Loris Mania' among the 22 candidates for the OG in Beijing
28. - volleyball; Rim; on the list of the 22 candidates for the Italian National Team, which will play in the qualifying games for the OG in Beijing, there is also former Val's player Loris Mania' (picture). The first qualification matches will take place in Catania from the November 28th to December 2nd.
Luigi Candotti, former Vesna's collaborator
28. - Trst; at 67 years of age died of a heart attack Luigi Candotti, former Vesna's member of the committee, responsible for the youth sector and member of the supervisory board in the last mandate. "Gičko", as everybody knew him, was much beloved within our soccer sector and especially in Križ, since he was always polite and willing to help.
Volleyball: Soča Zadružna banka Doberdob Sovodnje presentation
26. - volleyball; Sovodnje; at the premises of the Sovodnje's bank there was the presentation of Soča Zadružna banka Doberdob Sovodnje's team, which will play in the next season in the men C League.
Tennis, International IFT tournament: Paola Cigui lost the semi-final match
25. - tennis; Augusta (Sicily); at the International IFT tournament Gaja's player Paola Cigui (picture) did not reach the finals. She lost the semi-finals match against German player Paola Sprovieri 2:6, 6:3, 7:5. Her results: 1st round : Cigui - Anna Floris 6:3, 2.6, 6:4; 2nd round : Cigui - Sophie Cornerotte (Belgium) 7:5, 6:3, quarter-finals: Elitsa Kotsova (Bulgaria) 6:3, 6:1.
25. - Doberdob; with the participation of the Mayor Paolo Vizintin, the Responsible of the School Committee Ester Ester Ferletič and School Director Sonje Klanjšček there was the inauguration of the new gym, which is situated nearby the school building. The new building is managed by Val's volleyball team, but it will be available also for local schools, associations and institutions.
Delegation of sport journalists from Slovenia
25. - Trst; a delegation of sport journalists from Slovenia visited our sport centers in the Province of Trieste. They were welcomed by the Združenje slovenskih športnih društev v Italiji and Slovenian Mayors. Picture: the delegation in Zgonik.