SK Brdina's 20th Anniversary Celebration in Opčine very successful
29. - Opčine; the numerous spectators, who have filled up Prosvetni Dom premises for SK Brdina's 20th Anniversary celebration were very enthusiastic about the event. The main speech was delivered by President Rado Suber.
Basketball, D League: Dom's first victory; Prom. League: Bor and Sokol successful; U21: Kontovel wins
28. - basketball; D League: by winning the ninth round match against Poggi 72:65 (Cej 20, Belli and Faganel 12 pts.) Dom reached the first victory
Promotion League, fifth round: Cus - Bor 62:79; Sokol - Skyscrappers 79:62 (Umek 16, Hemljak 14).
Under 21: Kontovel won the seventh round match in Pordenone against Roraigrande 78:74 (Malalan 30, Lisjak and Niko Sossi 18).
Under 13: Sokol - Poggi 57:62
Athletics: Biserka Cesar, Irena Tavčar and Igor Sedmak among the best of all times
28. - athletics; Trst; the Provincial Federation published the best all times results achieved by local athletes. Also our representatives Biserka Cesar, Irena Tavčar and Igor Sedmak have been selected.
Volleyball, All Stars Game: Loris Mania' did not play
25. - volleyball; Monza; Loris Mania' (picture) did not play at the traditional All Stars Game between Italy and the Rest of the World due to an infection. Italy lost the match 3:2.
Skating, Polet welcomes Tanja with a 13-like cake
25. - skating; Opčine; at Polet's premises there was a warm welcome for the World Champion Tanja Romano, who was presented with a cake in the shape of the number 13 (for Tanja's 13 gold medals).
Basketball, U17 Men: CBU too strong for Jadran; U17 Women: Polet wins
25. - basketball; UNDER 17, Men; Jadran lost the 10th round match against CB Udine 58:104 (Bernetič 19, Ban 17).
UNDER 17 Women: Polet won the fifth round home match against Don Bosco Pordenon 83:49 (Di Lenardo 25, Kraus 24).
Skating, President of the Italian Parliament Fini welcomes the "Azzurri" team and Tanja Romano, warm welcome at the Ronchi airport too
24. - skating; Rim; the President of the Italian Parliament Gianfranco Fini welcomed the Italian National Team, which has been very successful at the World Championship in Taiwan, especially Tanja Romano. To the event participated also Tanja's coach Mojmir Kokorovec and FIHP Vice-president Marino Kokorovec. That same evening the group has been warmly welcomed at the Ronchi airport too.
Basketball, U19: Jadran wins the derby match against Bor
24. - basketball; Briščiki; Under 19, Regional Championship; Jadran ZKB (Gantar 18, Starc 14) won the third round derby match against Bor (Filipaz 22, Devcich 10) 73:54.
Karate, three Shinkai's athletes promoted to higher category
23. karate - Treviso; three Shinkai's athletes have been successfully promoted: Davide Di Taranto reached the Black Belt 2nd Dan, whereas Matjaž Guštin and Stefano Scorzato reached the 1st Dan. Recently in Pradamano took place the 12th Samurai Cup competition.
Skating, Tanja Romano becomes World Champion in the free program and combination
19./21. - skating; Kaohsiung (Taiwan); World Championship; our athlete Tanja Romano (picture), who competes for the Italian National Team, became World Champion in the free program and combination.
Our web-site has reached 10,000,000 contacts this year
22. - our web-site www.slosport.org achieved a new record: from January, 1st to November, 22nd it reached 10,000,000 contacts (10,024,940), that means 920,000 per month or 30,657 per day. We would like to thank all our visitors for this important achievement.
Skating, World Championship in Taiwan: Tanja Romano first after short program
19./20. - sakting; Kaohsiung (Taiwan); World Championship; our skater Tanja Romano (picture), who competes for the Italian National Team, ranked first after the short program. The long program will be held tomorrow.
Skating, World Championship in Taiwan: Tanja Romano 11th after compulsory program
19. - skating; Kaohsiung (Taiwan); World Championship; our skater Tanja Romano (picture), who competes for the Italian National Team, ranked 11th in the compulsory program. The short program will be held tomorrow.
SK Brdina presented the 20th anniversary events
20. - skiing; Opčine; at the press-conference held at ZKB's conference hall SK Brdina presented a series of events to celebrate its 20th anniversary and the incoming season. Pictures, from the left: Igor Tomasetig, Rado Suber and Lojzko Popovič
Trst, Adriano Kovačič spoke at the conference
20. - Trst; at CONI's premises the Provincial institutions for the development of sport, including ZSŠDI, organised a conference about "Non-professional sport clubs' senior management's tasks". The interesting issue has been presented by Mauro Valcareggi and dr. Adriano Kovačič.
Skiing, OOZUS about the incoming season: successful results so far
20. - skiing; the incoming skiing season is about to begin and OOZUS presented the extremely successful results achieved in the past season.
Volleyball, All Stars Game, Loris Mania' will play, Matej Černic will not
19. - volleyball; Milan; for the All Stars Game Italy vs World, which will be held on 26th November in Monza, Italian coach Anastasi selected also our "libero" Lorisa Maniaja (picture), but he he did not select our second representative Matej Černic.
Basketball, U17 Women: Polet lost the match in Videm
19. - basketball; Videm; Under 17 Women; Polet lost the fifth round match against Libertas Udine 32:101 (Kraus 10, Croselli in Dii Lenardo 6).
Volleyball, U16 Men: Olympia wins again
19. - volleyball; Under 16 Men; Olympia Hlede won the fifth round match against the undefeated Ausa Pav team from Videm 3:0.
In Opčine there was the presentation of the publication Zbornik slovenskega športa v Italiji 2008
19. - Opčine; at the premises of the Prosvetni dom there was the presentation of Branko Lakovič publication Zbornik slovenskega športa v Italiji avtorja. On the same occasion student's best literary and art works were awarded within the Drobci iz športnega sveta award. The participants had the opportunity to visit the exhibition about the 50th anniversary of the Slovenske športne igre event. Pictures, from the left: Branko Lakovič, Jure Kufersin, Ivan Peterlin
Volleyball, Martin Maver and Danimir Mikolj elected in the FIPAV Provincial Committe
18. - volleyball; Trst; at the AGM of the Provincial Volleyball Federation of Trieste (FIPAV) two our representatives were elected: Danimir Mikolj and Martin Maver. Both candidates have been unanimously supported by all the clubs. Giorgio Tirel was confirmed as president.
Jessica Cergol scores 26 points in derby match
15./16. - our basketball player Jessica Cergol scored 26 points in the derby match agains SGT.
Sailing, International Regatta organised by Čupa and Sirena: 200 boats from 7 countries
16. - sailing; Trst; to the international regatta in Barkovlje, organised by Čupa and Sirena, participated 200 boats from 7 countries.
38 Sport and school prizes awarded
14. - Opčine; at the ZKB conference hall there was the traditional Sport and school prizes awarded by ZSŠDI in collaboration with ZKB and ZK Doberdob and Sovodnje. The prizes are awarded for sport and school merits. This year 38 students have been awarded.
Basketball, D League: Breg lost, so did Kontovel; Promotion League: Sokol wins
14. - basketball; D League, 7th round: Breg lost the first match against Don Bosco 53:59, Kontovel lost the match in Tržič against Nab 61:72 (Švab 23, Lisjak 14). Dom will play on Saturday in Fogliano at 20.30.
Promotion League: Sokol won the second round match (Hmeljak 20, Umek 15) in Nabrežina against Santos 88:50. Bor did not play this round.
ZSŠDI skiing Commission: agreement about various initiatives
13. - skiing; Opčine; various meetings were necessary in order to find an agreement among the representatives of ZSŠDI Skiing Commission about various issues related to new season.
Tennis, Palma de Mallorca: Paola Cigui lost the quarterfinals match
10./13. - tennis; Palma de Mallorca (Spain); ITF International tournament (10,000 $); Gaja's player Paola Cigui (picture) lost the quarterfinals match against the Russian player Elizaveta Tohilovskaja 6:1, 6:2.
Tennis, Palma de Mallorca: Paola Cigui wins
11. - tennis; Palma de Mallorca (Spain); ITF International tournament (10,000 $); Gaja's Paola Cigui (picture) is ranked 8th and won the second round match against the Slovenian player Taja Mohorčič 6:2, 6:4, thus reaching the next round.
At the traditional press-conference in Ljubljana there was the presentation of the Slovenian sport in Italy
12. - Ljubljana; organised by the Sport Commission of the Olympic Committee there was the traditional press-conference, where also the activities of Slovenian sport in Italy were presented. The delegation was led by ZSŠDI's President Jure Kufersin.
Basketball, C1 League: tonight will play Bor and Jadran
12. - basketball; C1 League; tonight the matches of the eighth round will be played: Bor Radenska will play at the 1. maj stadium against Roncade. Jadran will play at 20.00 in Trieste against Virtus Padova.
Tennis, Paola Cigui qualifies for the second round
11. - tennis; Palma de Mallorca (Spain); ITF International tournament (10,000 $); Gaja's player Paola Cigui won the first round mtch against the Spanish player Sheila Solsona-Carcasona 6:4, 6:2 and will play the second round match against the Slovenian athlete Taja Mohorčič,who reached the main tournament from the qualifying rounds.
Soccer, Amateurs: Prosek lost
12. - soccer; Amateurs: Prosek Latteria Guštin unexpectedly lost the first round match against Amatori FJK 1:2 (scorer: Vrše). On Saturday they will play the second round match at the Ervatti stadium at 14.30.
Volleyball, U18, Women: Sloga wins
12. - volleyball; Opčine; Under 18, Women: Sloga Barich won the fifth round match against Stefanucci Trieste 3:1 (17:25, 25:12, 25:20, 25:22).
Basketball, U19: Bor and Jadran successful start; U21: Kontovel wins after OT
10. - basketball; UNDER 19, Regional Championship: Bor NLB won the the first round match against Servolana B 78:50, whereas Jadran ZKB won the match against Servolana A 90:76 (Ban 22, Gantar 18)
UNDER 21, Regional Championship: Kontovel won the fifth round match against Dinamo Gorizia after OT 92:90 (Ferfoglia 37, S. Malalan 22).
Mania' and Carli win, Černic (19 points) looses
8./9. - Loris Mania's Montichiari won, whereas Matej Černic's Martinafranca, with his 19 points, lost. Alen Carli's Cosenza (picture, he played only 5 minutes) won and is still ranked first. Our basketball teams lost.
Tennis, ITF Tournament in Mallorca: Paola Cigui lost the semifinals
5./8. - tennis; Palma de Mallorca (Spain); International ITF Tournament (10,000 $); Gaja's player Paola Cigui lost the semifinals match against the Dutch player (ranked 2nd) Michelle Gerards 1:6, 6:7.
Minibasket, various our coaches at the clinic
8./9. - basketball; Briščiki; on Saturday and Sunday there was a clinic for minibasket coaches organised by FIP, Športna šola Polet Kontovel and Azzurra Trieste. To the event participated nearly 100 guests, among them also 13 our coaches.
50th anniversary of the Slovenske športne igre successful
7. - Trst; the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Slovenske športne igre, organised by Združenje slovenskih športnih društev v Italiji and in collaboration with the History Department of the NŠK, has been very successful.
Basketball, D League: Dom and Kontovel lost; Promotion League: Sokol and Bor win
6. - basketball; D League: Dom lost the home match against Intermuggia 60:66 (Cej 22, Voncina 12), whereas Kontovel lost the match agaist Monfalconeju 56:75 (Šušteršič 18, Lisjak in Švab 15). Promotion League: Sokol started the championship by winning the away match against Virtus 98:76 (Doljak 26, Umek 24) and Bor too was successful since it won the home match against Skyscrappers 75:62.
Tennis, Mallorca Tournament: Paola Cigui reaches the quarterfinals
5./7. - tennis; Palma de Mallorca (Spain); International ITF Tournament (10,000 $); Gaja's player Paola Cigui won the first round match against her German opponent Kristina Steiert 6:3, 7:5 and the second round match against another German player v Valentina Stephan 6:1, 6:2. Tonight she will play against the quarterfinals match against the Italian Valentina Sulpizio, ranked 3rd.
Table-tennis, Women A1 League: Kras ZKB plays today
7. – table-tennis; Cagliari; Women A1 League; today Kras ZKB will play the fourth round match against Zeus from Quarto near Cagliariju.
Basketball, Promotion League: Sokol starts with a victory, Bor plays tonight; D League: Dom and Kontovel play tonight
6. - basketball; Promotion League; Sokol started the championship by winning the away match against Virtus 98:76 (Doljak 26, Umek 24). Bor will play tonight at 21.30 at the 1. maj Stadium against Skyscrappers.
In the D League Dom will play the home match against Intermugga and Kontovel the away match against Monfalcone tonight.
Basketball, U17 Men: Jadran ZKB wins against leading Pordenone (84:83)
5. - basketball; Briščiki; UNDER 17 Men; Jadran ZKB won the seventh round home match against leading Sistema Pordenone 84:83 (Bernetič 26, Ban 23) and is now still undefeated.
Under 17 Women: Polet played in Repen against the top ranked Pordenone and lost, but its performance was successful.
Pictures: U17 Women: Polet – Pordenone
Table-tennis, Women A1 League: Kras looses as expected against Castelgoffred (0:4)
4. – table-tennis; Zgonik; Women A1 League; as expected Kras ZKB lost the third round match against one of the favourite teams Castelgoffred 0:4. Picture: Martina Milič (Kras).
Basketball, Jadran's Director Manager Marko Corsi resings
4. - basketball; due to professional and personal reasons Jadran's Director Manager Marko Corsi resigned. Currently it is not known yet who will his substitute.
Matej Černic (17 points) wins the derby match against Loris Mania'
1./3. – among the highlights of this weekend there was the sixth round derby match among our two players, who play in the A1 League. Matej Černic Martina Franca (17 points) won against Loris Mania' Montichiari 3:1. Cosenza, for which plays our soccer player Alen Carli, won again and is now alone at the top of the 2nd Division.
Soccer, Prosek Latteria Guštin team presentation
30. - soccer; Prosek; at the Bar pri Jagodi there was the presentation of the Prosek Latteria Guštin team, which will play in the "Lega Calcio Nordest" championship, which the team won four times in a row.
Soccer, Regional Cup: Primorje - Breg 2:1
29. - soccer; Dolina; Regional Cup; Primorje won the first round match of the 2nd Amateur League in Dolina against Breg 2:1 (scorers: Pipan and Mania). For Breg scored Zucchiati.
Bowling, Zamejsko prvenstvo: awarding very successful
29. - bowling; Repnič; nearly 140 bowling players and their families participated to the Zamejsko prvenstvo final event and awarding, organised by ZSŠDI. First ranked Gaja ahead of Zarja, Mak and Kras. Pictures, from the left: Dino Roner, Eligij Kante, Igor Tomasetig.
Basketball: two match won and one lost
29. - basketball; UNDER 21; Kontovel won the third round away match against Cesitisco Udine 68:45 (Ferfoglia 25, S. Malalan 14). This was the second victory in a row for coach Claudio Starc. UNDER 17 Men: Jadran ZKB is still undefeated. This time they won against Servolana 59:47 (Ban 33, Bernetič 8). UNDER 17, Women: Polet lost the first round match against ABF 49:53 (Di Lenardo 22, Croselli 4).
Soccer, Regional Cup: tonight in Dolini at 20.30 Breg - Primorje
29. - soccer; Dolina; Regional Cup; tonight, in Dolina at 20.30, there will be the 1st round match of the 2nd Amateur League tournament between Breg and Primorje.
Karate, also Shinkai club in Jesenice
26. - karate; Jesenice (Slovenia); the Slovenian Traditional Karate Federation organised an international tournament called "Srečanje dveh dežel 2008", to which participated also Shinkai's club athletes.