Tennis, Mostar: Paola Cigui wins the first match
6. - tennis; Mostar; ITF International Tournament with a prize of 10,000 $; Gaja's player Paola Cigui won the first round match against the Croatian player Katja Milas 6:0, 6:2.
Soccer, to the tournament in Štandrež partecipate 16 teams from Slovenia and FJK
5. - soccer; Štandrež; to the Daniele in Vito Danielis international tournament organised by Juventina partecipate 16 teams from Slovenia and our region. Our teams: Juventina, Pomlad and Sovodnje. Pciture: Pomlad's player entering the field
Basketball, U19: Bor NLB lost twice
4./5. - basketball; Tricesimo; Under 19; at the qualifying tournament for the regional championship Bor NLB lost two matches in a row and is out. Bor lost the first match against Sistema Pordenone 55:84 (E. Filipac 12, Celinb 9) and the second against Tricesimo 67:85 (Devčič 20, E. Filipac 13).
Skiing, Primorski Cup: final rankings
ZSŠDI's Skiing Commission published the final rankings of the Primorski Cup. The awarding will be held on Sunday, 17th May at the Prosvetni dom in Opčine at 12.00.
Bavisela, many our representatives at the Marathon
3. - athletics; Trst; to the Bavisela Marathon participated many Slovenian representatives.
Chess, Italian Championship: Pino Lakovič vice-champion; tournament in Nabrežina
1./3. - chess; in Courmayeur there was the Italian Championship. Our Master Pino Lakovič ranked second. In Nabrežina there was the third edition of the local torunament. Among the best qualified Cristina Sustersich, who ranked 17th.
Karate, Milena Legiša (Shinkai club) wins gold
3. - karate; Italian Championship Libertas; to the vent participated also 15 athletes from our team Shinkai club and Milena Legiša won a gold medal.
Volleyball, Olympia U14 and U16 in Bassano
3. - volleyball; Bassano; Olympia's young players visited the A1 League team of Bassano.
Volleyball, Modena shows some interest for Matej Černic
4. - volleyball; Modena; the A1 League team from Modena has showed some interest for our player Matej Černic, who spent the last season in Taranto. Černic said that nobody contacted him.
Our athletes with other teams: Alen Carli's Itala for the play-offs, Kristjan Stopar in the B1 League
2./3. - Itala from Gradišče, for which plays also our Alen Carli, won the 2nd Division match against Olbia 3:1 and is now trying to qualify to the play-offs. Kristjan Stopar (11 pts.) Bibione won the important match against Sarmeolo and will play in the B1 League. Pallanuoto Trieste, for which plays our Planinšek, lost the match against Camogli.
Sport party in Repen: celebration of Kras promotion to the Elite League
3. - Repen; at the Sport party in Repen there was the celebration of Kras promotion to the Elite League.
Motorcycling, Yamaha Trophy: Mitja Emili second
3. - motorcycling; Monza; Yamaha Trophy; our motorcyclist Mitja Emili ranekd second at the second race. He is now ranked absolute third.
Skating, Goriška vrtnica: Polet's successful performance
2./3. - skating; Nova Gorica; at the Goriška vrtnica international tournament participated also many Polet's representatives who achieved good results.
Cycling, Devin at two races
3. - cycling; Devin cyclists Matteo Visintin and Erik Mozan participated to two races this week-end and ranked 5th and 20th.
Volleyball, Provincial Trophy: many our representatived in both teams
1. - volleyball; Provincial Trophy U15 and U14; in Gorizia's and Trieste's teams there are many our representative. Gorizia's Men team was coached by Soča's coach Lucio Battisti, Trieste's Women team by Bor's coach Betty Nacinova. Gorzia ranked second in both tournaments, whereas Trieste ranked 3rd among Men and 4th among Women
Table-tennis: Kras wins two medals
2. - table-tennis; Terni; National Championship; Kras won two medals, one in the "kadetinje" category with Elisa Rotella and Sofia Schierani (Rangers Udine) and one in the "mladinci" category with Michele Rotella and Chiara Miani (Rangers Udine).
Skiroll, Bavisela, KO sprint: excellent organisationa and three second palces for Mladina
1. - skiroll; Trst; AŠD Mladina organised the fifth edition of the KO Sprinta race for the Adriaker Trophy to which participated 100 athletes from Croatia, Slovenia and Italy. The organisation was excellent and Mladina ranked second among teams. Mateja Bogatec and Luca Ghira ranked second in their respective categories.
1st of May march from Trstelj to Števerjan
1. - Števerjan; 20 marchers participated to the 1st of May march from Trstelj to Števerjan organised by KD Briški grič.
Volleyball, World League: among the 19 players also Matej Černic and Loris Mania'
30. - volleyball; Mantova; Italy's national team coach Andrea Anastasi published the list of the 19 players that will participate to the World League. Among them there are also our representatives Loris Mania' and Matej Černic (picture)'.
Volleyball, Naš prapor promoted to the D League
29./30. - volleyball; Gorica; 1st Men Division; Naš prapor (picture), which won the first match 3:0, won also the second match 3:1 (15:25, 26:24, 25:18, 25:21) and has been promoted to the D League.
3. DIVIZIJA, ženske: Breg A - Breg B 3:0
Basketball, Women B League: Polet is out
30. - basketball; Trst; Women B League, play-out; Polet lost the last round match against OMA 44:53 (Milič 19, Nadlišek 16) and is out.
Volleyball, Naš prapor tonight in the D League?
29./30. - volleyball; Gorica; 1st Men Division; Naš prapor, which won the first match 3:0, will play tonight at 21.00 at the Cultural center in Gorica the second match against Mariano. If they win, Naš prapor will qualify for the D League, otherwise the third match will be played on Saturday in Mariano.
3rd Division, Women: Breg A - Breg B 3:0
Basketball, Women B League: Polet plays tonight
30. - basketball; Trst; Women B League, play-out; Polet will play tonight at 20.30 in Trieste the decisive match against OMA.
Basketball C1, Ajdran lost the second match: Sokol wins against the first team
29. - basketball; C1, play-out; Jadran Mark, who on Sunday lost the first match (60:78), lost the second match against Oderzo 66:88 (K. Ferfoglia 23, S. Ferfoglia 17) and will now play against Venezia. The first match will be played in Altura on May, 10th.
Promotion League, play-off: Sokol Ca' D'Oro won the match against Athletism 71:69 (Hmeljak 21, Budin 20)
Tennis, ITF Tournament: Paola Cigui lost the first round match
29. - tennis; Brescia; Gaja's player Paola Cigui lost the first round match of the ITF International Tournament (prize: 10,000 $) against the Italian player Apollonia Melzani 6:3, 5:7, 4:6 and is out from the tournament.
Table-tennis: National Youth Championship:
Lisa Ridolfi national champion Under 21
29. - table-tennis; Terni; National Youth Championship; our representative Lisa Ridolfi, who play for Sandonatese, won the national title in the Under 21 category. She also ranked second in doubles with Cavalli. Kras players Eva Carli and Tjaša Kralj ranked third in this category.
Cheerdance Millenium, pictures from the WC Orlandu
28. - cheerleading; on April 23rd Cheerdance Millenium ranked sixth at the World Championship in Orlando. Today we publish the pictures of the Sprites group. Picture: our representatives with the American group.
Our athletes with other teams: Alen Carli's Itala undefeated since 11 rounds
26. - Itala Gradisca, for which plays also our Alen Carli, is undefeated since 11 rounds in the 2. division league. Pallanuoto Trieste, for which plays our Planinšek, won a very important match.
Skating, Regional Championship: Martina Pecchiar, Katja Pahor and Valentina Scamperle to the national phase
25. - skating; Pordenon; Regional Championship: Martina Pecchiar (Jolly TS) ranked first in the jeunesse category ahead of Polet's athlete Valentina Scamperle. Katja Pahor (Vipava) ranked second in the free programme. They all qualified for the national phase.
Skiing, SK Devin ended the successful season in Doberdob
26. - skiing; Doberdob; at the Agriturizmu Kovač in Doberdob SK Devin ended the successful season.
Cycling, Matteo Visintin (Devin) fifth
26. - cycling; Humin; Devin' cyclist Mateo Visintin ranked fifth, whereas Erik Mozan reached the finish line with the main group.
JK Čupa's AGM
24. - Nabrežina; at Igor Gruden Cultural Association premises in Nabrežina there was JK Čupa 37th AGM, to which participated many guests and members.
Basketball, Promotion League: Sokol successful
24. - basketball; Promotion League, play-off: Sokol Ca' D'Oro won the third match against Amatori Isontini 76:65 (Hmeljak 23, Umek 18, Budin 15).
Cheeleading, World Championship in Orlando: Cheerdance Millenium ranked 6th
23. - cheerleading; Orlando (USA); Cheerdance Millenium Sprites group ranked sixth at the World Championship in Orlando. First ranked China ahead of Mexico and New Zealand. Sprites are: Nastja Milič, Nicol Krizmancic, Jasna Kneipp, Tina Križmančič and Kristina Žerjal.
Sailing, 470, qualifying regatta for the Olympics: Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti ranked 16th
19./23. - sailing; Hyeres (France); qualifying regatta for the Olympics, class 470; Čupa's athletes Jaš Farneti and Simon Sivitz Košuta (picture) ranked 2nd and 8th during the first day and 14th and 33rd on the seconda day thus ranking absolute 16th in the golden group.
Presentation of the guidebook Plezališča brez meja
23. - Trst; at the Gregorčičeva hall there was the official presentation of the Plezališča brez meja guidebook written by Erik Švab. Pictures: Erik Švab and Marinka Pertot
Skiroll, presentation of Mladina's race within the Bavisela and the International Grand Prix
23. - skiroll; Opčine; at ZKB premises there was the presentation of the races that will be held within the Bavisela. The races are organised by AŠD Mladina and the 19th edition of the Grand Prix will be held on May, 24th.
Tennis, ITF Tournament: Paola Cigui lost the second round match
22./23. - tennis; Bol (Croatia); Gaja's player Paola Cigui lost the ITF Tournament second round match against Slovak player Mihaela Pohabova (no. 4) 2:6, 2:6 and is out. Paola won the first round match against the Croatian player Dijana Banovec s 6:4, 6:4. To the tournament participated also another Gaja's player, the Slovenian athlete Tina Obrez, who lost the first round match against the Slovakian player Patricia Veresova 4:6, 6:7.
Basketball, B2 play-off: Jan Budin's Calligaris is out
22. - basketball; Rožac; play-off, quarterfinals: Jan Budin's Calligaris lost the second match against Riva del Garda (69:82) and is out from the the playoffs. Budin scored 9 points.
SPD Gorica's AGM
22. - Gorica; at the Cultural Center in Gorica there was Slovensko planinsko društvo Gorica 61st AGM to which participated many guests.
Volleyball, 1st Division : Naš prapor wins the away match
22. - volleyball; 1st MEN DIVISION, play-off: Naš prapor won the first semifinals match against Intrepida Mariano 3:0 (27:25, 26:24, 27:25). 3rd WOMEN DIVISION: Triestina Volley - Bor Kinemax 3:0. UNDER 13: Bor - Coselli 1:3. UNDER 12: Staranzano - Olympia 1:2.
Picture -> U13 Women: Bor - Coselli
Youth basketball, two victories and one defeat
22. - basketball; UNDER 19, Regional Championship; Jadran ZKB won the match against San Vito 104:56 (Sossi 32, Semolič 21) and ended the season at first place.
UNDER 17, National Championship; Jadran ZKB won the 28th round home match against Codroipese 93:91 (Ban 39, Dellisanti 17, Bernetič 16) and is ranked fourth.
UNDER 17, Regional Championship; Bor ZKB lost the last round match Azzurra 61:89 (Švara 16, Celin 15).
Minister for sport Igor Lukšič welcomed our representatives in Ljubljana
22. - Ljubljana; the members of our comittee for sport spoke with the Minister for sport and education Igor Lukšič about the situation and perspectives of our sport.
AŠD Breg, Sandy Klun confirmed as president
21. - Dolina; AŠD Breg Members of the Committee confirmed Sandy Klun (picture) for president. The former committee was confirmed too.
At the Cultural center in Gorica the successful meeting with coach Edy Reja
21. - Gorica; at the Cultural center in Gorica there was the successful meeting with coach Edy Reja. To the event participated many guests. Picture, from the left: Igor Komel, Edy Reja and Giorgio Brandolin.
Breg's players welcomed at the Municipality of Dolina
21. - Dolina; Breg's players were welcomed at the Municipality of Dolina by the Mayor Fulvia Premolin who congratulated them for their promotion to the C2 League.
ZSŠDI's Skiing Commission successful activities
21. - skiing; Trst; at the end of the skiing season Skiing Commission presented its activities.
AŠK Kras 47th AGM
20. - Zgonik; at the Cultural and sports center in Zgonik there was AŠ Kras 47th AGM.
Basketball, U19: Bor lost
20. - basketball; Under 19, Regional Championship: Bor NLB ended the season by unexpectedly loosing the match against Barcolana 45:54 (Devčič 17, B. Filipac 14). Bor is ranked second.
SPDT's Youth Section organised a trip to the Glinščica valley
19. - mountaneering; 22 elementary school pupils participated to the trip organised by SPDT' Youth section.
Vivicitta' in Gorica and Nova Gorica: more than 400 participants
19. - Gorica; Uisp, ZSŠDI and Športni zavod Nova Gorica organised the 15th edition of the Vivicitta race in Gorica and Nova Gorica. To the event participated more than 400 athletes who did not care for the bad weather.
Motorcycling, Yamaha Trophy: Mitja Emili eighth
19. - motorcycling; Misano; Yamaha Trophy; our racer Mitja Emili (picture) ranked eighth at the first race in Misano.
Skating, Polet's athletes to the National Championship
18./19. - skating; Pieris; Polet's athletes Martina Debernardi and Daniel Sedevcic qualified for the National Champinship that will take place at the end of May in Bologna.
AŠD Breg, Sandy Klun confirmed as president
21. - Dolina; at AŠD Breg's first meeting which was held in Prebeneg on April, 15th, Sandy Klun has been confirmed as president.
An interesting meeting with coach Edy Reja at the Kulturni dom in Gorica
21. - Gorica; at the Kulturni dom in Gorica there was an interesting meeting with soccer coach Edy Reja. To the event participated many guests . Picture, from the left: Igor Komel, Edy Reja and Giorgio Brandolin.
Breg's basketball players welcomed at the Municipality of Dolina
21. - Dolina; the Municipality of Dolina welcomed Breg's players, who have been promoted to the C2 League. The players were greeted by the Mayor Fulvia Premolin.
Sailing, 470, qualifying regatta for the Olympics: Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti vin the golden group
19./21. - sailing; Hyeres (France); qualifying regatta for the Olympics, Class 470; Čupa's athletes Jaš Farneti and Simon Sivitz Košuta (picture) ended the qualifying races by ranking 26th, thus qualifying for the golden group of the 36 best teams. On Wednesday and Thursday they will race to qualify among the 10 best teams, which will later go for gold.
ZSŠDI's Skiing Commission successful
21. - skiing; Trst; ZSŠDI's Skiing Commission presented the achievements for the past season which was very successful.
AŠK Kras' 47th AGM
20. - Zgonik; at the Cultural and Sport center in Ygonik there was the AŠ Kras' 47th Annual General Meeting, where the team presented the achievements for the past season.
Basketball, U19: Bor lost
20. - basketball;Under 19, Regional Championship: Bor NLB ended the championship by loosing the match against Barcolana 45:54 (Devčič 17, B. Filipac 14). Bor is still ranked second.
Our athletes with other teams: Carli's Itala successful
18./19. - Itala from Gradišče, for which plays also our Alen Carli (picture) won the 30th round match against Rodengo and is now ranked seventh. Our basketball player Jan Budin, who plays for Falconstar, lost the last match and so did Aljoša Orel's Crema in the A2 League.
Vivicitta' in Gorica and Nova Gorica: more than 400 participants and bad weather
19. - Gorica; last weekend there was the 15th edition of the Vivicitta race organised by Uisp, ZSŠDI and Športni zavod Nova Gorica. This' years weather was cold and rainy, but nevertheless to the event participated more than 400 participants.
Motorcycling, Yamaha Trophy: Mitja Emili eighth
19. - motorcycling; Misano; Yamaha Trophy; our motorcyclist Mitja Emili (picture) did not start well the new season since in Misano he ranked only eighth.
Skating, Polet qualifyied to the National Championship
18./19. - skating; Pieris; Polet's athletes Martina Debernardi and Daniel Sedevcic qualifyied for the National Championship, which will be held in Bologna at the end of May.
75 athletes down the river Vipava
19. - kayakiing; Gabrje; to the traditional race down the Vipava river participated 75 athletes.
Cycling, Devin's athletes in Pieris
19. - cycling; to the first race in our Region participated also Devin's cyclists Matteo Visentin and Erik Mozan, who were very successful.
Mirko Škabar Memorial March
19. - mountaineering; Repen; SK Devin and Razvojno društvo Pliska organised the 22th Mirko Škabar Memorial March from Praprot to Repen, to which participated 152 marchers from Italy and Slovenia.
Skating, Cup of Spain: Francesca Roncelli third, Jeunesse: Martina Pecchiar second
18. - skating; Closada (Madrid); Cup of Spain; "Azzurra" Francesca Roncelli (Gioni TS, picture), who was ranked first after the short programme, ranked third in the long programme. "Azzurra" Martina Pecchiar (Jolly TS) ranked second in the jeunesse category.
Chess, Regional School Championship: our players successful
18. - chess; Opčine; at the Regional School Championship, which was held at ZKB's premises and at the Prosvetni dom and was organised by Žiga Zois and SST, participated nearly 180 students. Our representatives were successful.
ZSŠDI's AGM, research about Slovenian sport, Češčutova and Malalan awarded
17. - Nabrežina; at SKD Igo Gruden premises there was ZSŠDI's 38th Annual General Meeting to which participated nearly all teams and numerous guests. Jure Kufersin has been confirmed as President. On this occasion there was the presentation of the fifth research on Slovenian sport in Itala and Mija Ušaj Češčut and Marčelo Malalan have been awarded for the lifetime achievements. Picture: ZSŠDI's new committee.
Volleyball, C League, Men: Val wins the derby match against Olympia (3:0), others will play tonight
17. - volleyball; Gorica; Men C League: at Špacapan's Sport Center Val Imsa won the derby match against Olympia TMedia 3:0 (25:22, 25:19, 25:20). Other teams will play tonight.
1st Division, Men: Soča lost the return match against Intrepida Mariano 1:3. The final match will be played by Intrepida and Naš prapor.
Basketball, Provincial Tournament: Trst beats Gorica, Martin Ridolfi (17 pts.) among the best
17. - basketball; Briščiki; Provincial Tournament (for those born in 1996): Trst won the first match agains Gorica 72:61. Among the best was Martin Ridolfi (Sokol), who scored 17 points. For Gorica's team played also Dom's player Luca Antonello (4 points).
Volleyball, C League, Men: tonight the derby match Olympia - Val
17. - volleyball; Gorica; Men C League: tonight at 20.30 at the Sport Center Špacapana in Gorica there will be the derby match between Olympia TMedia and Val Imsa.
1st Division, Men: Soča lost the second semifinals match against Intrepida Mariano 1:3. To the finals qualified Intrepida and Naš prapor.
Tennis, Hvar: Paola Cigui lost the second match
15. - tennis; Hvar (Croatia); Gaja's player Paola Ciguj lost the second match of the ITF International Tournament (prize: 10,000 $) against the French player Florence Harin 3:6, 3:6. Paola won the first round match against Serbian player Marina Kachar 6:3, 4:6, 6:2.
Mala Vivicitta' in Gorica: many our schools
16. - Gorica; at the Transalpina place in Gorica there was the traditional Vivicitta race to which participated 140 pupils from the schools of FVG and Slovenia. Our representatives were successful.
Skiing, "čezmejno prvenstvo" awarding
15. - skiing; Ronke; at the Sci Club Due premises there was the awarding of this year's 5th Provincial tournament of Gorica, which was held on March, 22nd in Piancavallo.
Volleyball, Lorisa Mania's Montichiari out at the quarterfinals
15. - volleyball; Cuneo; A1, play-off, quarterfinals; Lorisa Mania's Montichiari (picture) lost the fifth match against Cuneo 0:3 (21:25, 17:25, 23:25) and did not qualify for the semifinals. Montichiari won the first two matches, but then lost the last three.
AŠD Breg's AGM
15. - Prebeneg; at SKD Jože Rapotec premises there was Breg's AGM, to which participated many members. President Sandy Klun held the main speech. To the event participated the Mayor of the Municipalita' of Dolina Fulvia Premolin (picture).
15. - volleyball; Sovodnje; 1st Women Division: Govolley won the away match in Sovodnje against Soča 3:1 (25:22, 25:18, 18:25, 25:17).
Basketball, U17: Jadran and Polet win; M. Ridolfi and L. Antonello to the provincial tournament
15. - basketball; Tržič; UNDER 17, National Tournament, Men; Jadran won the 12th round match against Falconstar 72:68 (Ban 33, Bernetič 11) and is now ranked fourth.
UNDER 17, Women; Polet ended the season by winning the match against Don Bosco Pordenone 73:59 (Kraus 20, Di Lenardo 16).
PROVINCIAL TOURNAMENT, for those born in 1996: Martin Ridolfi (Sokol) will play for the tema of Trieste, Luca Antonello (Dom) for the team of Gorizia. The tournament will be held from Friday to Sunday at the Ervatti gym in Briščiki.
SK Devin: Easter on snow and last race
10./13. - skiing; SK Devin organised a four-day-long event in Hochpustertal, to which participated 40 members. At San Pellegrino they held the last race.
Skiing, International Race: Tadei Pivk's victory
13. - skiing; Žlebe; our athlete Tadei Pivk (picture) won the international race Monte Canin together with Mario Scanu (Aldo Moro). Pivk ended the successful season with a victory.
Volleyball, Damir Kosmina with Loreto in the A1 League
13. - volleyball; A2 League; Loreto, for which plays our Damir Kosmina (picture) won the last match against Catani 3:0 and ranked first thus qualifying for the A1 League.
Table-tennis, 1st Category National Tournament in Arezzo:
Yuan Yuan first, Kras third
10./12. - table-tennis; Valdarno (Arezzo); at the 1st Category National Tournament Kras' player Yuan Yuan ranked first ahead of Lisa Ridolfi (Sandonatese). Kras ranked third among teams behind Sandonatese and Castegoffredo. In the 2nd category tournament Kras players Eva Carli and Katja Milič ranekd among the first eight players.
Sainling, Spring Cup in Izola: Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti win
10./12. - sailing; Izola; Spring Regatta, Class 470; Čupa's athletes Jaš Farneti and Simon Sivitz Košuta (picture) ranked first and second during the last day thus ranking absolute first.
Soccer, Alen Carli's Itala draw the match
11. - soccer; Gradišče; 2nd Division; Itala draw the 29th match against Cavese. For Itala did play also our Alen Carli.
Volleyball, A1 play-off: Loris Mania's Montichiari lost the fourth match
11. - volleyball; Montichiari; A1, play-off, quarterfinals: Loris Mania's Montichiari (picture) lost the home match against Cuneo 0:3 (22:25, 21:25, 22:25). Both teams have won two matches and the fifth match will be played on Wednesday in Cuneo.
Soccer, Aldo Tabaj Memorial: Juventina's win
9. - soccer; Štandrež; Juventina organised and won the first youth tournament in memory of its former president Aldo Tabaj. Results: Pro Gorizia - Azzurra 2:0, Juventina - Azzurra 1:0, Juventina - Pro Gorizia 1:1 (Juventina wins after penalty shootout).
Minivolleyball, Easetr Tournament in Doberdob
9. - volleyball; Doberdob; to the first Easter tournament organised by Govolley participated nearly 60 children from our teams in Gorica.
Volleyball, 1st Men Division, semifinals: Naš prapor - Olympia 3:0, Soča - Intrepida 0:3
9. - volleyball; 1st Men Division, Gorica Group, play-off semifinals: Naš prapor won the return match against Olympia 3:0 (25:19, 25:22, 25:14) thus qualifying for the final match. Soča lost the first semifinals match in Sovodnje against Intrepida Mariano 0:3 (22:25, 21:25, 25:27).
3rd Division, Women: Virtus A - Breg B 1:3. U16, Men: Olympia - Cordenons 3:2; U13, Mixed: Bor - Breg 2:3. U12, Mixed: Cormons - Olympia 1:2
Soccer, Milan Micussi is no longer Primorje's coach
9. - soccer; Trst; Ponziana, who plays n the Promotion League, fired our coach Milan Micussi for the seond time in this season.
Volleyball, 1st Men Division: tonight the semifinals matches
9. - volleyball; 1st Men Division, Gorizia group, play-off: tonight, at the Kulturni dom in Gorizia, there will be the semifinals return match between Naš prapor and Olympia. Naš prapor won the first match 3:1. Soča will play in Sovodnje at 20.30 the first semifinals match against Intrepida Mariano.
Volleyball, A1, play-off: Loris Mania's Montichiari lost the third match
8. - vollyeball; A1, play-off, quarterfinals; Loris Mania's Montichiari lost the third away match against Cuneo 1:3 (22:25, 25:21, 20:25, 9:25). Montichiari is still in the lead 2:1. The fourth match will be played on Saturday in Montichiariju.
Soccer, Breg wins against Chiarbola; Mladost draws the match
8. - soccer;
2nd Amateur League, 26th round: Breg - Chiarbola 2:1 (Isaia 2 gola);
3rd Amateur League, 19th round: Aiello - Mladost 1:1 (Bensa);
Beginners: Pomlad B - S. Andrea B 1:5
Skating, Polet's athletes qualify for the national phase
4./5. - skating; Štarancan; Regional Championship; Polet's athletes were successful and did qualify for the national phase.
Soccer, tonight at 20.30 Breg - Chiarbola and Aiello - Mladost
8. - soccer; tonight at 20.30 Breg will play the 2nd AL match in Žavlje against Chiarbola, whereas Mladost will play the 3rd AL away match against Aiello.
Tennis, Šibenik Tournament: Paola Cigui out
7. - tennis; Šibenik (Croatia); Gaja's player Paola Cigui lost the first round match of the ITF International Tournament (prize: 10,000 $) against the Hungarian player Krialy 3:6, 2:6 and is out.
Skiing, "Tržaško prvenstvo" Championship: our representatives among the awarded
7. - skiing; Trst; at the Stazione Marittima hall there was the awarding of the Tržaško prvenstvo Provincial Championship. Among the awarded there were also our representatives from Brdina, Devin and Mladina
Basketball, Women B League: Polet's important victory; Under 19: Jadran ZKB wins
6./7. - basketball; Women B League, play-out: Polet won the home match against OMA 53:49 (Milič 20, Piccini 9).
UNDER 19, Regional Championship, Briščiki: Jadran ZKB won the fifth round return match against Servolana B 98:57 (Hrovatin 22, Ban 17). The match between Bor and Barcolana has been postponed.
Our athletes with other teams : Mania's Montichiari leads 2:0, Muggia Jessica Cergol's Muggia out
4./5. - Loris Mania's Montichiari won also the second match against Cuneo. Jessica Cergol's Muggia (picture) lost also the second quarterfinals match (B1 League) and is out. Budin's Calligaris lost the last match but did qualify for the B2 League play-offs. Carli's Itala won the 2nd Division match. Leghissa ranked second at a cycling race.
Volleyball, U16 Women, Trieste Provincial Championship: Bor becomes vicechampion
5. - volleyball; Briščiki; Under 16, Women; Trieste Provincial Championship: Bor Kinemax (picture) won the semifinals match against Triestina Volley 3:0 and then lost the final match against Altura 0:3. This result represents a huge achievement for the team and Bor's player Katerina Pučnik has been elected as best tolkačico of the tournament.
Skiing, Memorial Puntil: our athletes too
5. - skiing; Zoncolan; to the 2nd edition of the Jurij Puntil Memorial race participated also our athletes (Brdina, Devin and Mladina) who achieved satisfactorz results.
Basketball, Saba, Masters' tournament: Polet first
4./5. - basketball; Trst, Masters' tournament organised by Saba; after loosing the first match against Transeuropa, Polet won the Saturday match against Saba and the Sunday match against Banka Koper thus surprisingly winning the tournament.
SK Brdina, end-of-the-season event and awarding
4. - skiing; Repen; SK Brdina organised the traditional end-of-the-season awarding event to which participated numerous guests, members, athletes and their coaches.
Nabrežina, Šola in šport: 186 awards
4.4. - Nabrežina; at the Municipal Sport Center 186 elementary school pupils from three Slovenian (Gruden, Jurčič, Šček) and three Italian schools (Carducci, Dante, Pascoli) have been awarded. The pupils participated to the skiing corse within the Šola in šport project organised by SK Devin and Sci Club 70.
Basketball, D league qualifying match: Sokol wins
3. - basketball; Nabrežina; Sokol Ca' D'Oro won the first qualifying match for the D League against Mossa 69:43 (Hmeljak 21, Doljak 13).
Volleyball, 1st Men Division: Naš prapor wins the first semifinals match against Olympia
3. - volleyball; Gorica; 1st Men Division; Naš prapor won the first semifinals match against Olympia 3:1 (25:18, 23:25, 25:20, 25:22). The return match will be held on the 9th of April at the Kulturni dom center.
UNDER 13 Women: Minerva - Olympia 2:1.
Basketball, Saba master tournament: Polet will play too
2. - basketball; Trst; to the international master tournament organised by Saba will partecipate Polet, Banka Koper, Trans Trieste and Saba.
Volleyball, U16 Women: Bor wins against Breg 3:0 and qualifies for the final round
1. - volleyball; Dolina; Under 16, Women; Bor won the last match against Breg 3:0 (25:13, 25:17, 25:13) and is now ranked second ahead of Kontovel. The team qualified for the final round of matches, which will be played on Sunday in Briščiki.
Basketball, U17: Jadran wins
1. - basketball; Briščiki; Under 17, National Championship; Jadran ZKB won the 26th round match against Santos 89:70 (Daneu 19, Bernetič 17) and is ranked fourth.
Another record for our web-site:
nearly two million contacts
31. - our web-site www.slosport.org registered a record number of contacts in the month of March: 1.939.237 (62.556 per day), 26.761 visitors (863) and pages 185.180 (5.973). We would like to thank all of you for your support.