Tennis, ITF Tournament in Padova: Paola Cigui out
14./15. - tennis; Padova; ITF International Tournament, prize 25,000 $; after winning the first match against the Italian player Sonia Sandano 6:3, 6:3, Paola Cigui lost the second match against the Slovakian player Lenka Jurikova (ranked 323rd) 2:6, 0:6.
Soccer, Kras Cup in Repen
15. - soccer; Repen; at the field in Repen there was the Kras Cup soccer tournament, to which participate 10 teams. The tournament will end on June, 28th.
Kras Soccer Camp
15. - camps; Repen; to Kras Soccer Camp held at the field in Repen participate 31 athletes.
Cycling, M. Visintin (Devin) wins the race
1. - cycling; Devin's racer Matteo Visintin (picture) won the beginners' race in Topaligo near Sacile
Volleyball, World League: Italy with Matej Černic and Loris Mania tonight against China
12. - volleyball; Verona; World League; Italy, for which play also our representatives Matej Černic and Loris Mania', will play tonight in Verona the first match of the Group A against China.
Soccer, Il Giulia Tournament: Kras Koimpex wins against Domio (6:1) and reaches the semifinals
16. - soccer; Il Giulia Tournament organised by San Giovanni; Kras Koimpex won the match against Domio 6:1 (scorers: Bernabei 3, Martini, Costa, Jan Čok) and reached the semifinals, which will be held on Tuesday, June 23rd, at 20.30.
Ivan Pahor is AŠD Mladost new president
15. - Doberdob; at the second meeting after AŠD Mladost AGM, which took place on May 25th, the newly elected committee elected Ivan Pahor for president. Vice-president is Igor Juren.
Polet's traditional basketball camp in Opčine
15. - camps; Opčine; the traditional Polet's basketball camp began and 40 players born in or after 1996 participate.
Tennis, Gaja's marvellous season: men's teams promoted to B and C League
14. - tennis; Padriče; after the promotion of the womens' team to the A2 League, Gaja achieved two more amazing results. Aleš and Borut Plesničar, Pogačnik and Surian won the match against Castiglione 4:3 and were promoted to the B League. The team Morossi, Cigui and Grom won the match against TC Triestino 3:0 and reached the C League. Picture: Gaja's players celebrate the promotion.
Chess, Memorial Filipovič: Ribnica's fourth victory in a row
14. - chess; Opčine; the Croatian team Invec Ribnica won for the fourth time in a row the international Božidar Filipovič Memorial tournament ahead of SST A and Nova Gorica. To the tournament participated also our representatives, mostly young. Picture: our players with Marko Oblak
Skating, Pavel Sedmak Cup: Tanja Romano and her new short programme
13./14. - skating; Opčine; on Saturday and Sunday there was the internationa Pavel Sedmak Cup tournamen. Tanja Romano (picture) showed her amazing new short programme.
Gaja's Grand Prix: 64 pairs, 128 players
14. - bowling; Padriče; the 10th Edition og Gaja's Grand Prix has been very successful, since to the tournament, which is considered to be one of the most challenging tournaments in the Triveneto region, participated 64 pairs (128 players).
Picture: the first four teams and the organisers
Basketball, All-Stars: Borut Ban and Martin Ridolfi awarded
13. - basketball; at the All-stars game for the players born in or after 1991 participated also Borut Ban (born in 1992, Jadran), who won the award for the best three-points shooter and Martin Ridolfi (1996, Sokol), who received the award for the youngest player.
Juventina, 12 hours of soccer: women team Bum Bum Lady won the cup
13. - soccer; Štandrež; to the successful 12-hours-of-soccer tournament in Štandrež, organised by AŠD Juventina, participated 14 men and 8 women teams. The team Bum Bum Lady won a cup (picture).
Volleyball, World League: Italy lost the second match against China (0:3), Černic 6 points, Mania' libero
13. - volleyball; Verona; World League, Group A ; Italy, for which play our representatives Matej Černic and Loris Mania', lost the second match against China (3:0). Matej Černic scored 6 points, Mania' played as libero.
Volleyball, Špacapan Memorial, Sloga beats Prvačin (3:0) and wins the tournament
8./13. - volleyball; Gorica; at the 2nd Špacapan Brothers Memorial Sloga won against Prvačin 3:0 (25:13, 25:23, 25:19) and ranked first. Second ranked Fincantieri, which won against Mossa 2:1. Picture: Mirko Kante (Sloga) with Mirko Špacapan's wife.
Basketball, the 3x3 tournament in Opčine successful
13. - basketball; Opčine; on the open field of the Prosvetni dom there was a 3 on 3 tournament organised by Polet/Kontovel and sponsored by ZSŠDI.
Vesna: nearly 30 children at the first Summer Camp
13. - summer camps; Križ; to the first Summer Camp 2009, organised by Vesna, participated nearly 30 children, who play soccer and other sports.
Soccer in Štandrež: among women won Štandrež, among men Vrtojba
12. - soccer; Štandrež; at the soccer tournament (7:7), organised by KD Otona Župančiča, among women won Štandrež ahead of Doberdob, among men Vrtojba ahead of Štandrež.
Volleyball, World League: Italy - China 3:0, Loris Mania' played, Matej Černic did not enter the field
12. - volleyball; Verona; World League; Italy, for which play also our representatives Matej Černic and Loris Mania' won the first Group A match against China 3:0 (25:16, 25:12, 25:16). Loris Mania' played as libero, whereas Matej Černic did not played due to an injury.
Skating, conference and international competiotion Pavel Sedmak and David Bressan Cup
12./13. - skating; Opčine; Pavel Sedmak Memorial; at the skating premised in Pikelc there was a conference about the National Championship, whereas on Saturday and Sunday there was the Pavel Sedmak and Davide Bressan International Cup Competition. Picture: first from the left Mojmir Kokorovec
AŠD Brdina: Marko Piccini is the new president
12. - Opčine, at the first meeting of the newly elected comittee Marko Piccini has been elected as AŠD Brdina new president. Former president Rado Suber has been elected as Honorary President. Vice-president has been elected Claudio Strain.
Basketball, Martin Ridolfi (Sokol) at the All-stars game
11. - basketball; Trst; Martin Ridolfi (born in 1996, Sokol) will play tomorrow, at the Don Bosco gym in Trieste, the All-star game.
Volleyball, Špacapan Memorial, tonight the two semifinals: Prvačina - Fincantieri and Sloga - Mossa
8./11. - volleyball; Gorica; at the M. Špacapan Sport Center there is the international tournament 2nd Špacapan Brothers tournament. After Prvačina, Fincantieri and Sloga also Mossa reached the semifinals by winning the two D Group matches against Soča z 2:0 and Val z 2:1. Tonight's semifinals: 19.45 Prvačina - Fincantieri, then Sloga - Mossa; saturday: finals.
Table-tennis, Italian Championship 2nd Category: Lisa Ridolfi among the first three
11. - table-tennis; Conversano; the 2nd Category Italian Championship ended with a successful result achieved by Lisa Ridolfi (Sandonatese, picture), who ranked first it Women's Double and second in the Individual and Mixed Doubles. Kras' players Martina Milič and Eva Carli and Ana Bržan (Siena) played well too.
Volleyball, A1 League: Matej Černic will play fro Perugia
11. - volleyball; our player Matej Černic (picture), who played for Martina Franca in the past season, will play for Perugia in the next. Matej signed a two years contract.
Sailing, European Championship, 470: Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti in the Silver Group
11. - sailing; Traunsee (Austria); European Championship, Class 470; Čupa's athletes Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti ranked 22nd at the last regatta and ended the first part of the championship at 48th place, therefore they qualified for the Silver Group.
Soccer, Il Giulia: Kras Koimpex lost (2:6)
11. - soccer; Trst; at the Il Giulia tournament, organised by San Giovannin, Kras Koimpex lost the match against Muggia 2:6. Both goals were scored by Martini. Kras will play the next match on Tuesday, at 20.30 against Domio.
ZSŠDI, training for our young players
11. - volleyball; nearly 50 young female volleyball players (born in 1991/94), who represent all our teams, are practicing at the gyms in the Province of Trieste and Gorizia.
Volleyball, Špacapan Memorial: after Prvačina and Fincantieri also Sloga reaches the semifinals
8./11. - volleyball; Gorica; at M. Špacapan Sport Center the international tournament 2nd Memorial Špacapan Brothers Memorial is beeing played. Sloga reached the semifinals after winning the match against Olympia Under and Olympia 1st Division. Tonight at 19.30 the matches of the D Group will be played. The tournament will end on Saturday, June, 13th.
At the meeting in Ljubljana also our representatives
10. - Ljubljana; at the Office of the Government of Slovenia for the Slovenians abroad there was a meeting between the representatives of the Slovenian Alpine Association, led by mag. Franci Ekar, and the representatives of our alpine associations from Gorica, Trst, Celovec and Lendava.
Volleyball, Memorial Špacapan: after Prvačina Mariano too reaches the semifinals
8./10. - volleyball; Gorica; at M. Špacapan Sport center there is the 2nd Špacapan Brothers Memorial. Mariano, which won against Olympia and Fincantieri 2:0, reached the semifinals. Tonight at 19.30 the matches of the C Group will be played.
Soccer, Il Giulia: Primorec and Vesna out
8./9. - soccer; Trst; Il Giulia tournament organised by S. Giovanni; Primorec lost the match against San Luigi 1:4 (0':2). For Primorec scored Pergolis. Vesna lost against Domio 0:1. Both our teams our out.
Soccer, Dario Kovic again at Juventina
8. - soccer; Štandrež; one of our best players, 38-years-ld Dario Kovic will play for Juventina again. Kovic, who played for Juventina in the past, spent the last season in Monfalncone in the Elite League.
Volleyball, Olympia successful in Gradišče
6./7. - volleyball; Gradišče; Olympia's Men Under 14 and Under 12 teams participated to a tournament and achieved good results
Soccer, the Youth Team of Trieste lost
6. - soccer; Videm; the Team of Trieste, for which play also Primorje's players Aljoša and Jan Čok, lost against the team of Videm 0:2.
Soccer, Karstic Tournament in Trebče
3./27. - soccer; Trebče; the first week of the Karstic Tournament Mapat Trophy ended. From next Monday to Friday three matches will be played. The tournament will end on June, 27th.
AŠD Brdina's AGM
5. - Opčine; at the premises of the Dom Brdina there was AŠD Brdina's 14th AGM. On this occasion the new committee was elected (picture).
Volleyball, Špacapan Memorial: Prvačina reaches the semifinals
8. - volleyball; Gorica; at M. Špacapan Sport Center started the 2nd edition of the Špacapan Brothers Memorial. The first teams to reach the semifinals was Prvačina, which won against Aquileia 2:0 and Naš prapor. Tonight (Tuesday) at 19.30 the matches of the B Group will be played. The tournament will end on Saturday, 13th June.
Soccer, Il Giulia: Primorec lost and is out
8. - soccer; Trst; Il Giulia Tournament organised by S. Giovannija; Primorec lost the match against San Luigi 1:4 (0':2) and is out from the tournament. For Primorec scored Persegolis.
Volleyball, A1 League: Loris Mania' from Montichiari to Modena
8. - volleyball; Modena; A1 League; now is official: our player Loris Mania' (picture) moved from Montichiari to Modena. This is Mania's fifth A1 League season (Adriavolley, Piacenza, Montichiari).
Motorcycling, Mitja Emili unlucky
7. - motorcycling; Vallelunga; Yamaha Trophy; our racer Mitja Emili (picture) was unlucky since he fell due to the wet road and ranked only 11th. He is ranked absolute fifth.
In Doberdob the Yacht Club Sidro is founded
7. - sailing; Doberdob; in Doberdob the Yachting Club Sidro was founded. The club has more than 60 members.
Soccer, "Sistiana Tournament": Pomlad's youngest third
1. - soccer; Vižovlje; at the "Sistiana Tournament" Pomlad's toungest players ranked third behind San Luigi and Trieste Calcio. To the tournament participated also Mladost. Picture: Ivan Kocman with the cup, in the middle the Mayor Ret.
Volleyball, tonight final matches: Sloga Tabor for the B2 and Govolley for D League
27. - volleyball; C League, men: Sloga Tabor Televita will play tonight at 20.30 in San Giovanni al Natisone the first finals match against ekipi Pav Natisone for the B2 League. 1st Division, Women: Govolley Kmečka banka will play in Vilesse the second finals match after winning the first match in Gorica 3:2. If they win they will be promoted to the D League.
AŠD Mladost AGM
25. - Doberdob; at the club's premises there was AŠD Mladost's AGM. The main speech was held by the President Nordio Gergolet, who also presented the list of candidates for the new committee. Pictures, from the left: Jari Jarc, Nordio Gergolet, Loredana Marušič.
Soccer, Sovodnje wins 2:0 and reaches the Promotion League, Reščič scored both goals
24. - soccer; Sovodnje. 1st Amateur League, play-off; Sovodnje won the home match against Vivai Rauscedo 2:0 and has been promoted to the Promotion League. Both goals were scored by Alan Reščič. After the match Sovodnje's player celebrated the achievement.
Our athletes with other teams: handball: Sardoč in the A League, waterpolo: Planinšek, last match decisive
23. - The Italian A2 Hanball League ended and Pallamano Triese, for which plays former Kras player Marko Sardoč, has been promoted to the A1 Leaug. Pallanuoto Trieste lost the home match against Imperia (9:12) and will play the decisice match on Saturday against Modena.
Cheerleading, National Championship in Cesenatico organised by Cheerdance Millenium
23. - cheerleading; Cesenatico; Cheerdance Millenium and the Italian Federation FISAC organised in Cesenatico the National Championship, to which participated teams from Italy, Slovenia and Croatia.
23. - Nabrežina; at KD Igo Gruden's hall there was AŠD Sokol's AGM. The main speech was held by the club's president Savo Ušaj. Picture, from the left: Cirila Kralj, Savo Ušaj and Marko Kojanec
Gymnastics, Bor's academy successful
23. - gymnastics; Trst; this year's Bor's academy consisted of 22 performances and was extremely successful.
AŠD Olympia's AGM
22. - Gorica; at L. Bratuž Cultural Center premises there was AŠD Olympia's AGM. Picture, from the left; Andrej Vogrič, Gregor Sfiligoj and Damijana Češčut
Basketball, Andrea Mura will coach Bor
22. - basketball; Trst; Andrea Mura will coach Bor's main team in the 2009-2010 season too. The team will play in the C2 League with younger players.
Basketball, Promotion League: Sokol wins
22. - basketball, Ronke; Promotion League; Sokol Ca' D'Oro won the away match against Amatori Isontini 66:58 (Hmeljak 21, Umek 20, Vidali 18 rebounds) and is thus ranked second.
School sport: 260 elementary school pupils in Doberdob
22. - school sport; Doberdob; at the soccer field in Doberdob 260 elementary school pupils from Doberdob, Sovodje, Vrh and Romjan participated to the Sport Day.
School sport: 135 elementary school pupils in Zgonik
22. - school sport; Zgonik; at the Sport and Cultural Center in Zgonik 135 pupils from five elementary schools participated to the traditional Sport Day.
Olympia, successful end-of-the-year academy "Vsi na počitnice"
4. - Gorica; at Mirko Špacapan sport center there was the traditional end-of-the-year academy called "Vsi na počitnice".
Basketball: Saša Ferfoglia at Summer League U22
4. - basketball; Jadran's player Saša Ferfoglia will partecipate to the Summer League Under 22 which will take place from the 13th to the 16th June in Jesolo.
Polet/Kontovel Sport School: end-of-the-year show
3. - Briščiki; in front of numerous parents and other guests there was the successful end-of-the-year show of Polet/Kontovel Sport School, to which participated more than 100 children. The event was hosted by Andrej Vremec.
Soccer, Primorec: Karstic Tournament
3. - soccer; Trebče; AŠD Primorec organised the Karstic Soccer Tournament Mapat Trophy that will start today. From Monday to Friday 3 matches will be played.
Cyclism; Matteo Visintin (Devin) in FVG Team
31.5/2.6. - cyslism; Matteo Visintin (Devin) ranked 3rd in Bagnarova and was selected for the FVG Team, which will race on Sunday in Austria.
Volleyball, women tournament in Rogla: Sloga ranks fourth
29./30. - volleyball; Rogla (Slovenia); at the traditional women tournament Sloga ranked fourth.
Soccer, friendly match Kras - Nogometna šola Ljubljana
30. - soccer; Repen; Kras and Nogometna šola Ljubljana played a friendly match.
Basketball, U13: Luca Antonello and Martin Ridolfi with the regional team
3. - basketball; Latisana; Under 13; to the training session of the Regional Team participated also Luca Antonello (Dom) and Martin Ridolfi (Sokol).
Sailing, 470 Class, Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti Italian Vice-champions
30.5./2.6. - sailing; Cesenatico; Italian Championship, 470 Class; the third day regattas have been postponed due to strong wind and Čupa's athletes Jaš Farneti and Simon Sivitz Košuta (picture) ranked second behind Luca and Roberto Dubbini. The Vice-champions title is a huge success.
Skating, Italian Championship: Tanja Romano 8th, Francesca Roncelli 14th
2. - skating; Bologna; Italian Championship: Polet's athlete Tanja Romano ranked eighth, whereas Francesca Roncelli (Gioni TS) only 14° The free programme will be held next week in Roccaraso.
Table-tennis, Italian Master Championship:
Kras wins five gold medals
31.5./2.6. - table-tennis; Casarano; Italian Master Championship; Kras won five gold medals: team (Sonja Milič, Sonja Doljak, Dragica Blažina); doubles (Sonja Milič, Dragica Blažina); mixed (Sonja Milič, Michele Giardino); single (Sonja Milič); doubles (Sonja Doljak, Moretti).
Olympia, Gregor Sfiligoj confirmed for President
1. - Gorica; AŠZ Olympia confirmed for President Gregor Sfiligoj (picture), who has been leading the team since 2004. Vice-president was elected Simon Komjanc, secretary Damijana Češčut, treasurer Marjan Vogrič
Tennis, Gaja's women team promoted to the A2 League!
31. - tennis; Latina; Women's B League; Gaja won the return match in Latina against Tennis Academy 2:0 and reached the A2 League. Gaja's players won the first match in Padriče 3:1. The two points were scored by Carlotta Orlando and Tina Obrez. Paola Cigui did not have to enter the field.
Karate, Topolino Trophy; Milena Legiša (Shinkai club) first
31. - karate; Montecatini Terme; Topolino Trophy; to the event participated six athletes of the Shinkai Club, who were very successful. Among the bes was Milena Legiša, who ranked first in her category (picture).
Cycling; Matteo Visintin (Devin) seventh
31. - cycling; Matteo Visintin (Devin) ranked seventh among 77 cyclists, who participated to the race in Conegliano.
Basketball, U17: Polet first in Pordenone
31. - basketball; Pordenon; Under 17; although many Polet's players were injured, the tema won the tournament in Pordenone.
Tennis, U11 and 12: Gaja organised the Regional Finals
31. - tennis; Padriče; the Italian Regional Federation choose Gaja to organise the Men and Women Regional Finals in the Under 11 and Under 12 categories. In the U11 Gaja's player Nicole Buggiotto won the match against her sister Alessia and won the regional title. In the U12 Petra Corbo reached the semifinals.
Volleyball, Sloga Tabor promoted to B2 League!
30. - volleyball; Repen; Mean C League, play-off; Sloga Tabor Televita won the returna finals match against Pav Natisone 3:1 (30:28, 20:25, 25:20, 25:18) and reached the B2 League. The players and fans were incredibly enthusiastic.
Bor Swimming Team's end-of-the-year show
30. - swimming; Trst; Bor's Swimming Team ended the season with the traditional show and the awarding at the Bianchi pool in Trieste.
Vipava and Dom organised a gymnastics academy
30. - Peč; Vipava from Peča and Dom from Gorica organised a successful gymnastics accademy, to which participated nearly 120 skaters, basketball players and other athletes.
In Dolina ZSŠDI's Minibasket Trophy
30. - basketball; AŠD Breg organised the traditional ZSŠDI's Minibasket Trophy to which participated five teams: Bor, Breg, Sokol, Polet/Kontovel A and B.
Soccer, Il Giulia: Primorec lost after penalty shootout
29. - soccer; Trst; within the Il Giulia tournament organised by San Giovanni, Primorec lost against Muggia after penalties shootout. Primorec ended the second half with a draw (1:1), the goal was scored by Lanza. Primorec will play the next match on Thursday against San Giovanni.
BEGINNERS: Itala San Marco - Pomlad 4:0
Bor's Sport School end-of-the-season performance
29. - Trst; more than 50 children participated to Bor's end-of-the-season event "Teci, skači, meči".
ŠŠT's Elementary School Olympic Games successful
29 - Trst; this years' elementary school Olympic Games organised by Športna šola Trst has been very successful.
School sport, Doberdob's team and Alice Pecorari successful
28. - school sport; Formia; Doberdob's school ranked fourth among 19 teams. Alice Pecorari (Ivan Trinko school of Gorica) ranked fourth at the Youth Games in Rieti in distance jumping with 4,81 m. Picture: Doberdob's team.
Volleyball, Italy wins against Poland (3:0), Černic in Mania' did not play
28. volleyball; Mantova; Italy won the second friendly match against Poland s 3:0 (25:19, 26:24, 25:19). Our "azzurri" Matej Černic and Loris Mania' did not play.
Tennis, ITF Tournament: Paola Cigui looses the second round match
27./28. - tennis; Gradež; the ITF International Tournament (prize: 25,000 $); after winning the first round match against the Slovenian player Anja Prislan 6:1, 7:5 Gaja's player Paola Cigui lost the second round match against the Spanish player Estrella Cabeza-Canela 6:3, 4:6, 6:1. Paola is out in the doubles too. She played with the Italian athlete Alessia Bertoia and lost against Kapros/Klemenschits 1:6, 1:6.
Volleyball, 3rd Division: Bor - Breg B 3:0
28. - volleyball; Trst; 3rd Women Division; Bor Kinemax won the match against Bor B 3:0.
Tennis, ITF Tournament: Paola Cigui wins the first round
27./28. - tennis; Gradež; Gaja's player Paola Cigui won the first round match of the ITF International Tournament (prize: 25,000 $) against the Slovenian player Anja Prislan 6:1, 7:5 and will play the next match against the Spanish player Esrella Cabeza-Candela.
Volleyball, Sloga Tabor wins first finals for the B2 League B2, Govolley promoted to the D League
27. - volleyball; C League, men: Sloga Tabor Televita won the first finals match in San Giovanni al Natisone against Pav Natisone 3:0. The second match will be held in Repen and if they win, they will be promoted to the B2 League
1st Division, Women: Govolley Kmečka banka won the second finals match in Vilesse against Vilesse 3:1 and has been promoted to the higher league.
Basketball, for the D League: Sokol Ca' D'Oro wins and ranks second
27. - basketball; Nabrežina; Promotion League; Sokol Ca' D'Oro won the last match against Athletismo 86:78 (Umek 29, Hmeljak 21) and ranked second.
Sokol, end-of-the-year event
27. - Nabrežina; AŠD Sokol organised the tradition end-of-the-year event, to which participated around 90 athletes.
Volleyball, Sloga reaches the C League!
21. - volleyball; Repen; Men D League, play-off: after winning the first match 3:2, Sloga won the return match 3:0 and has been promoted to the C League.
Soccer, Il Giulia: Pomlad lost the match
21. - soccer; Trst; at the Il Giulia tournament, organised by S.Giovanni, Pomlad beginners lost the match against Trieste Calcio 0:10.
Gorica's school Sport Day
21. - Štandrež; at Juventina's field there was Gorica's school Sport Day organised by Gorica schools and ZSŠDI.
Sport for invalids: VZS Sklad Mitja Čuk excellent results at the Regijske igre in Vipava
20. - sport for invalids; Vipava; at the 16th Edition of the Regijske igre VZS Sklad Mitja Čuk athletes won three gold medals.
Bowling, Provincial Championship: Zarja wins again
20. - bowling; Bazovica; Provincial Championship; Zarja won the 5th round match against Aurisina 7:3 and is still ranked first.
Volleyball, Sloga tonight in Repen for the C League
21. - volleyball; Repen; Men D League, play-off: Sloga will play tonight at 20.30 in Repen the second semifinals match against Mossa. Sloga won the first match 3:2.
Volleyball, play-off: Sloga Tabor reaches the finals, Bor/Breg will play the third match,
Govolley wins the first match
20. - volleyball; play-off; Men C League: Sloga Tabor Televita won the second match in Repen against Prata (3:0) and reached the finals.
Women D League: Bor/Breg won the second semifinals match against Faldati Pordenone and will play the third match on Saturday in Pordenone.
1st Women Division: Govolley won the first finals match in Gorica against Villesse 3:2.
Volleyball, play-off: tonight Sloga Tabor for the finals, Bor/Breg's third match, Govolley's first final match
20. - volleyball; play-off; Men C League: Sloga Tabor Televita will play tonight in Repen at 20.30 the second semifinals match against Prata. If they win they will reached the finals, since they won the first match 3:1. Women D League: at the 1. maj Stadium in Trieste Bor/Breg will play the second match against Faldati. They lost the first match in Pordenone 2:3. 1st Women Division: Govolley will play tonight at 20.00 in Gorica the first final match against Villesse.
Soccer, Il Giulia Tournament: Primorec wins after penalty shoot-out
18. - soccer; Trst; at the Il Giulia Tournament, organised by S. Giovanni, Primorec won against Montebello after penalty shoot-out 5:4. The first part of the match ended 0:0.
Cheerdance Millenium at the Rimini expo
16. - Rimini; in collaboration with the Italian Acrobathic and Choreographic Sports Association (FISAC) AŠD Cheerdance Millenium promoted its activities at the fitness expo in Rimini.
Basketball, C1 play-out: Jadran wins in Venice (81:72) too!
C1 League, play-out: Jadran Mark, which won the first home match:64, won also the return match in Venice 81:72 (Coco 15, S. Ferfoglia 14) and qualified for the C1 League.
Our athletes with other teams: Alen Carli's Itala ranked seventh, Ester Gaggi Slokar "silver"
16./17. - Itala Gradisca, for which plays our Alen Carli (picture), ended the 2nd Division matches by ranking seventh. Our canoeist (Saturnia TS) ranked second at the National Championship in Piediluco.
Soccer, friendly match: Rai - Koper 5:5
16. - soccer; Repen; at the field in Repen there was the traditional friendly soccer match (7 on 7) between RAI and Radioteleviyija Koper. Koper was in the lead 3:0 at halftime (2x30') and the match ended 5:5. At the end of the match there was a buffet organised by NK Kras.
Volleyball, friendly match: Italy and Černic and Mania lost against Slovakia (2:3)
15. - volleyball; Mantova; Italy, for which play our players Matej Černic (captain) and Loris Mania' lost the friendly match against Slovakia 2:3. Picture (archive): Mania (4) and Černic (8).
Basketball, Promotion League, play-off: Sokol lost against Grado (53:71)
15. - basketball; Nabrežina; Sokol Ca' D'Oro lost the match against Grado 53:71 (Hmeljak 19, Kojanec 11) and will not qualify to the higher league.
Volleyball, friendly match: Matej Černic and Loris Mania' with Italy tonight in Mantova against Slovakia
15. - volleyball; Mantova; within the preparation matches for the World League Italy will play tonight a friendly match against Slovakia. For Italy will play also our athletes Matej Černic (no. 8), and Loris Mania' (no. 4).
Basketball, Promotion League, play-off: Sokol will play tonight in Nabrežina the decisive match
15. - basketball; Nabrežina; play-off for the D League; Sokol Ca' D'Oro will play tonight in Nabrežina the decisive match agains the leading team of Grado.
School's Sport, in Dolina more than 150 children
14. - school's sport; more than 150 elementary school's pupils participated to the sport event hedl in Dolina and organised by AŠD Breg.
Volleyball, 1st Women Division: Govolley reaches the finals
14. - vollyeball; Moraro; 1st Women Division, play-off; Govolley won the third away match against 3:1 (21:25, 25:19, 25:23, 25:10) and reached the finals, where it will face Vilesse
Volleyball, Sloga promoted to the 1st Women Divison
13. - volleyball; 2nd Women Division; by winning the home match agains Oma 3: 0 Sloga has been promoted to the first division league.
Basketball, U19, Regional Championship: Jadran ZKB champion
11./13. - basketball; Aviano; Under 19, Regional Championship; Jadran ZKB won the final tournament undefeated by winning the third round match against Sistema Pordenone 52:48 (Ban 20, Bernetič and Hrovatin 10) thus becoming regional champion.
Soccer, Il Giulia Trophy: Kras Koimpex starteb by winning 8:0 against Esperia
13. - soccer; Trst; on Monday, 11th May started the traditional Il Giulia Trophy (to which participate also Kras, Primorec, Pomlad and Vesna). Kras Koimpex won against Esperia Anthares, which plays in teh second amateur league 8:0 (3:0). Scorers: Batti, Bernabei, Cipracca, Metullio 2, Bertocchi, Tomizza and Contento.
YOUNG LEAGUE: Trieste Calcio - Vesna 5:2 (Ribezzi penalty, Radivo).
Soccer, Štandrež, International Memorial Danielis Tournament
5./13. - soccer; Štandrež; the traditional International Memorial Danielis Tournament is beeing played these days. The tournament is organised by Juventina and is played by 16 teams from our Region and Slovenia. To the competition participate our Juventina, Pomlad and Sovodnje.
Volleyball, Italy against Slovakia, Matej Černic "Azzurri" captain
11. - volleyball; Mantova; Italy, which is training for the World League, will play a friendly match on Friday, 15th May, against Slovakia. Italy's captain Vermiglio is injured, therefore our player Matej Černic (picture) will play as captain. Our Loris Mania' will play too.
Basketball, U19, Regional Finals: Jadran ZKB wins against Sangiorgino (75:53) -> več
11. - basketball; Aviano; Under 19, Regional Finals; Jadran ZKB won the first match against Sangiorgino 75:53 (Ban 29, Hrovatin 17, Sossi 11) and will play in Aviano at 20.00. Aviano lost the match against Sistema Pordenone 59:65.
Soccer: Breg's coach Vitulič resigned
11. - soccer; Dolina; after three seasons in the 2nd Amateur League Davor Vitulič is no longer Breg's coach. The team is looking for a new coach and probably Euro Petagna will get back to the team. He coached the team from 2003 to 2006.
ZSŠDI, first meeting after AGM
11. - Trst; at the first meeting after the AGM ZSŠDI's members of the committee set the new guidelines for the next season.
Our athletes with other teams: Itala lost, Alen Carli injured; Pallanuoto Trieste lost, Peter Planinšek scored a beautiful goal
9./10. - Itala Gradisca, for which plays also our player Alen Carli, lost the 2nd Division away match against San Bonifacio (1:3). Carli injured himself 10 minutes before the end of the match. Pallanuoto Trieste lost the home match against Quinto (7:8) and our player Peter Planinšek scored a beautiful match.
Cycling, Matteo Visintin second in Ajdovščina
9./10. - cycling; Devin's cyclists Matteo Visintin and Erik Mozan participated to the race in San Marco di Meretto near Udine. A day earlier Visintin ranked second at the race in Ajdovščina.
Mountaineering, elementary school pupil in Bazovica
9. - Bazovica; SPDT organised the first climbing course for 9 elementary school pupils in Bazovica.
Tennis, Mostar, ITF Tournament: Gaja's player Paola Cigui lost
6./8. - tennis; Mostar; ITF Tournament with a prize of 10,000 $; after winning the first round match against the Croatian player Katja Milas 6:0, 6:2 and the second round match against the Serbian player Andžela Nemčevič 6:2, 6:1, Paola lost the quarterfinals match against the Slovak athlete Suzana Zlohova.
Sailiing: Garda Lake: Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti (Čupa) ranked 14th
6./8. - sailing; at the prestigious regatta at the Garda Lake Čupa's athletes Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti ranked 26th at the last race. They are ranked absolute 14th.
Basketball, Promotion League, play-off: Sokol successful, 1 minute in memory of Miha Gravner
8. - basketball; Moš; Promotion League, play-off: Sokol Ca' D'Oro won the away match against Mossa 68:62 (Umek 19, Vidli 12). Before the beginning of the matcvh both teams commemorated the late Miha Gravner, who played for Mossa and died in a car accident
UNDER 17, National Championship: Pall. Trieste - Jadran ZKB 77:61 (Ban 32, Benrnetič 10).
School sport in Zgonik
8. - Zgonik; AŠK Kras organised a sport event between school to which participated 9 teams (more than 100 students).
Tennis, Mostar: Paola Cigui reaches the quarterfinals
6./7. - tennis; Mostar; ITF International Tournament with a prize of 10.000 $; after winning the match against the Croatian player Katja Milas 6:0, 6:2 Paola Cigui won the match against the Serbian athlete Andžela Nemčevič 6:2, 6:1 and reached the quarterfinals.
Soccer: Vesna - "Ex Tabor Sežana" 1:1
7. - soccer; Križ; Vesno draw the match with the representative team of former Tabor players, who play in our region. The guest team scored first Antončič, Vesna scored with Peter Carli.
BEGINNERS: Trieste Calcio B - Pomlad B 1:1
Sailing, Garda Lake: Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti ranked 10th
6. - sailing; at the prestigious regatta on the Garda Lake Čupa's athletes Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti ranked 10th. After six regattas the Italian pair Zandona' - Della Torre is in the lead.
Cheerleading, new pictures from the WC in Orlando (USA)
6. - cheerleading; we publish new pictures from the World Championship that took place at the end of April in Orlando (USA) to which particiapated also our Cheerdance Millenium.
Volleyball, 2nd Division: Sloga wins
6. - volleyball; Opčine; 2nd Women Division; Sloga won the 16th round match against Kontovel 3:0.