3. - Basketball: four ZSŠDI teams in the international youth tournament in Vienna
Basketball; Vienna; from Monday March 29th four ZSŠDI teams, Breg, Kontovel, Polet and Sokol (33 players altogether), partecipated in the traditional youth tournament Basketball Wien. Almost 500 teams from all over Europe partecipated in the tournament. All the basketball players were enthusiastic about the event.
8. - ZSŠDI, meeting with the senator Tamara Blažina
Trieste; in a series of meetings with our associations and clubs senator Tamara Blažina met the President and some members of the Association of the Slovene Sports in Italy.
8. - Gorica - Nova Gorica, Vivicitta' - Poživimo mesti: 200 participants from 11 secondary
Gorica - Nova Gorica; 230 students of 11 secondary schools from Slovenia and Italy participated in the 9th race Mala Vivicitta' - Poživimo mesti.
11. - Gorica; Vivicitta' - Poživimo mesti: more than 600 runners and marchers
Gorica; Vivicitta' - Poživimo mesti; more than 600 runners and marchers participated in the 16th edition of the race Vivicitta' - Poživimo mesto. Among the organizers was also the Association of the Slovene Sports Clubs in Italy.
13. - Skiing; awarding of the Trieste championship; some representatives from our clubs
Skiing; Trieste: in the Saturnia Hall of the Trieste Maritime Station there was the awarding of the Trieste provincial skiing championship.Some prize winners were members of our clubs (in the photo).
HOCKEY IN LINE - A1, play out: Polet won 12:2
A1, play out: in the third and decisive match Polet Kwins ZKB defeated Empoli 12 : 2. In the season 2010/2011 the will play in the A1 league again.
17. - The Regional Athletics Committee FIDAL awarded Fabio Ruzzier
Athletics; Majano del Friuli; the Regional Athletics Committee FIDAL awarded our marcher Fabio Ruzzier as the best regional veteran although he competes for Slovenia.
17. - Chess; regional school championship; eight teams of our schools at the national finals
Chess; Gorica; 48 teams participated in the regional school championship and eight out of twelve of our schools teams qualified for the national championship. In the photo: Opčine headmastership primary school girls
18. Volleyball; Under 16: the Bor girls provincial champions
Volleyball; Trieste; Under 16, women: in the Stadium First May Bor defeated Virtus 3 : 0 (25 : 19, 26 : 24, 25 : 13) in the great final match and won the title of provincial champion qualifying for the regional finals, which will take place next week in Pordenone. The best player of the finals was Mateja Petejan.
19. - School sports: Beno Hvala presented the students of the schools Zois and Stefan a series
of short films
School sports: The Director of the institute "Sport and Media" Beno Hvala was guest of our schools Žiga Zois and Jožef Stefan in Trieste. He showed the students a series of short sports films. As guests there were also the world gym champion Mitja Petkovšek and the president of ŠD Kontovel and former Jadran basketball player Marko Ban.
23. - In Boljunec the AŠD Breg Annual General Meeting
Boljunec; in the Reception centre there was the AŠD Breg AGM, which coincided with the 45th anniversary of the foundation of the society. Sandy Klun, the President of the society held the main speech. In the photo from the left: Marino Coffoli, Edvin Bevk and Sandy Klun.
23. - In Zgonik the AŠK Kras Annual General Meeting
Zgonik; in the Culture and Sports center there was the AŠK Kras ordinary and electoral general meeting. Igor Milič ( in the photo second from the right), the President of the society held the main speech. Except two members, the former committee was fully confirmed. Also the Mayor Mirko Sardoč brought greetings.
23. - In Gorica the SPDG Annual General Meeting
Gorica; in the House of Culture in Gorica there was the SPDG AGM to which participated many guests and members.
23. - In Opčine the JK Čupa Annual General Meeting
Opčine; in the conference room of ZKB Opčine there was a very well attended JK Čupa Annual General Meeting.The main speech was held by the President of the society Roberto Antoni; greetings were brought also by the Devin Nabrežina Mayor Giorgio Ret.
24. / 25. - Athletics; Fabio Ruzzier Slovenian champion
Athletics; Zagreb; at the international meeting, which was also valid for the Slovenian National Championship and the Alpe Adria Cup, our marcher Fabio Ruzzier (in the photo in the centre) won the 20 km on the road march (1:41:28,0). A day later, on Sunday, he was in Udine where he ranked second in the 10km on the track march (49:07,0). The winner was Alessio wruss (44:44,0).
28. - Cheerdance Millenium: Annual General Meeting
Opčine; in the gym hall of the primary school F. Bevk in Opčine Cheerdance Millenium had their 8th Annual General Meeting. The presidential report made it evident that in the past season the
club's activity has been varied and successful.
26. / 29. - Sailing, Hyeres, golden group: Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti ranked 31st
Sailing; Hyeres (France); preolympic regata, class 470: the Čupa sailors Simon Sivitz Košuta and Jaš Farneti ranked 31st among 90 crews. The fourth day (Thursday) our two sailors surprised all the competitors winning the race, but the next two days they ranked only 32nd and 39th.
Athletics; Fabio Ruzzier Slovenian champion
Cheerdance Millenium: Annual General Meeting
Sailing, Hyeres, golden group: Simon Sivitz Košuta
and Jaš Farneti ranked 31st